Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can a ccj be taken out?

i am really confused and some people on here don't seem to understand my problem and are mouthing off where there unhelpful comments so if i can help its much appreciated. so the problem, after my first year of university me and couple of friends found a house, paid a deposit had copies of id taken apart from one housemate that didnt bother but was still aloud to move in. The contract was not written up by the time summer came so we all went home and hassled the landlord for it over summer. One housemate signed the contract and hes not the type of person to confront anybody if mistakes are there so he signed contract agreeing to pay more rent for a longer period of time that what the house was needed there for. Past three months i had personal troubles and problems with student loans and was unable to keep up with bills and rent etc, so i decided to pay my friends for bills and deal with the rent problem as i came. Another housemate had the same problem and packed up and moved out. My landlord kicked me out as he had every right to and i went without a fuss and recently he has said hes sending bailiffs to my parents house and taking me to court etc if rent was not paid which is understandable. I ve said i actually cant pay any money as i don't have it the best i can do is give it in installments over the summer period whilst i work, not good enough for him and he is persistent on taking me to court, am not trying to scam my way out of this as i have very important friendships i dont want to ruin so i am defiantly going to pay the money as i dont want it falling on my friend who signed the contract to live there. I just want to know from this situation can the landlord take this type of action when ive done all i can to set arrangements for when i pay the rent owed to him. Ive had back things such as yes he can face your responsibilities and most people have said it wont fall to me as i haven't signed a contract to live there, and even if i did come to that where am not liable i will still be paying the rent as i dont want to lose my friends over this can someone please give me some useful adive please thank you!|||To make a long story short:





Yes, he can take you to court. That does not mean he automatically wins.


Whether or not you owe anything still is up to the judge to decide and of course it depends on whether or not you actually show up in court and can produce any paperwork that shows you were not the person that signed the lease.





Only problem is... that if you show up in court with this long winded, strange and silly story the judge will not be sympathetic since you are wearing down his patience and he will lose his temper.





Get yourself a good lawyer and let that lawyer handle everything on your court date. You just show up and be quiet. Trust me... it is in your own favor.|||Yes, the landlord can sue you


He wants his money on HIS time, not when you get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment